Staggered grid with regular grid step is used:
Components of ions and mean velocity are stored in the same nodes as . The ions density is stored in cell center.
On each time-step the algorithm consists of several stages:
1. Preliminary value of a magnetic field using the equation on time layer :
2. New velocity and coordinates of ions on layer :
3. Ions charge density and ions mean velocity on layer :
where -- charge of -th particle, -- particle form factor.
For regular grid with step
4. Coordinates of particles on layer :
5. Magnetic field final value on layer:
6. Electron velocity:
Face-centered values of are need at this stage.
Question: What is the best way to interpolate from cell-centered values to face centers?
7. Electric field:
With and neglecting dissipation:
8. Electron temperature (not used in current version of code - ):
Grid step and time step selected according CFL condition:
and required spatial resolution, e. g..
Additional stability conditions: